Baring it All! - Going Bald for Cancer Research UK

What would you give to see me lose all my long hair?

Friday, October 20, 2006

Word of Mouth


Not having a clue about fund-raising, I listened to the advice of a friend, who suggested starting by sending everyone in my mailbox a message to tell them what I'm doing. Ok, it wasn't a long, in-depth kinda mailing, but it stated the bald-fact info (and if you're reading this because you got a copy of the email - thanks for taking the time to come and look! And thanks to the person who passed it on! :-))

Ok, I would be quite impressed that the hits for the site doubled in an hour, but when there's only 12 to start with, the clouds are not exactly going to open, and through a dazzle of light a voice boom, "Rest now - you have done well!" More likely to thunder "Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase" (God just happens to be a fan of Martin Luther King!) and "Cheer up! The worst is yet to come!" (He's also thinks these words of Philander Chase Johnson's were not only wise, but also universally useful for just about every situation!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home