Baring it All! - Going Bald for Cancer Research UK

What would you give to see me lose all my long hair?

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

57 Days -boxes and balloons

Tools to 'Bare it all'!


(please note: the charity can claim back about 25% more through Gift Aid, if you spend just a moment more to fill in details for tax :-) Thanks!)

The parcel I got today wasn't one of my usual purchases on e-bay. It was all the fundraising paraphenalia from Cancer Research UK. Not bad that! From the idea just over a week ago, to be ready to rumble today. Shame they haven't done all the posters up for me - they're blanks, so looks like I'm going to have to put in some time doing some designing...Also, I need to make up the boxes (cardboard ones) and see if they've got something a bit more solid to put in shops (If I'm going to do this, I may as well go 'whole hog' and get my face plastered anywhere that'll take it!
I hadn't thought how many little things need doing!

Even more exciting - a reporter from The Kent and Sussex Courier has been in touch, and wants to run the story in this week's paper! Excellent! (God, I'm nervous...)

Thanks to Atul for boosting up the total so far! That makes £147.56 (with reclaimed tax) - and yes, you look lovely bald! :-D

Now, should I plait up my hair today ?- last chance before it goes!

4 Comments:

  • At October 24, 2006, Blogger Mother of Invention said…

    Thanks for doing this! Sounds like there's no going back now anyway! And yes, you do have beautiful hair, but just put lots of nice make-up and put cool earrings on and you'll look great! And the kids at schol will never forget it! (Are you a teacher? I teach Gr. 1-3 and have for 25 years. I'm a Capricorn too! Barely...Dec. 22nd..on the cusp!)

    My 2 older sisters were both diagnosed within a 11 months, just last year and a sister-in-law too. (Chemo/radiation for her, just radiation for sisters)
    I've had 32 mammograms since age 32, when I had a lumpectomy for a benign lump of scar tissue due to diabetes.

    Hope you reach your goal!

     
  • At October 24, 2006, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said…

    I am a cancer survivor....

    Love to all....

     
  • At October 24, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    Good stuff! As long as you're alive there's hope.

    Each day that new treatments are found, someone somewhere gains hope. So, don't ever give up!

    But also, every day, people find new ways of coping with, and living (and I do mean 'living') with cancer.

    Only yesterday, I was reading a blog titled '5 ways to create hope during breast cancer struggle to survive' written by cancer survivor Dalene Entenmann:
    http://www.thecancerblog.com/2006/10/16/5-ways-to-create-hope-during-breast-cancer-struggle/1#c2498458
    (there's a lot on that site...)

    I think Dalene's basic idea, to do things which create a future for yourself, is such a good one. So many stop buying clothes or nice things for themselves, as 'a waste of money', but it's just those sort of things that get you through, isn't it?!

    Keep going, guys! There's always something you can look forward to!

     
  • At October 24, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    The link didn't all get printed, so I'll put it in again, in case you're interested (but remember the three lines are actually one!)

    http://www.thecancerblog.com/2006/
    10/16/5-ways-to-create-hope-during-
    breast-cancer-struggle/1#c2498458

     

Post a Comment

<< Home