Baring it All! - Going Bald for Cancer Research UK

What would you give to see me lose all my long hair?

Thursday, October 26, 2006

55 Days - Words of inspiration

I was left a beautiful poem about hope, by a cancer survivor who visited my sister site (Thank you). She has given me permission to reproduce it here:

"Hope" is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

Cancer will not take my heart.

(See angel-feathers-tickle-me for more wonderful words and pictures)

Eughh! Just heated up a fresh pot of coffee, looked forward to the taste of the new 'fair-trade' brand I'm trying out... Poured the coffee, added the milk and came to sit down - only to discover I'd put orange juice in the cup! Talk about lack of concentration! :-S

Anyway, back to today's post - Now it's under discussion how I should have my hair for the shave- up in plaits, so people can cut them off one-by-one? And possibly they could be kept as souvenirs? Or (seems more likely) the big shave to two foot of hair. Most enthusiasm has been expressed for the latter - a lot of enthusiasm actually (just a 'tad' more than necessary? :-))
I told my older daughter she could have a lock to add to her scalp-belt :-) And suggested I should hang them from the school gates (to let prospective parents and pupils know what really goes on in the school :-D )
Someone suggested I might be able to sell them - not to a wig-maker, certainly, because I've dyed and re-dyed it so many times I'm surprised each strand isn't at least a centimeter thick! Maybe to other scalp-hunters then... :-)




4 Comments:

  • At October 26, 2006, Blogger Angel Feathers Tickle Me said…

    Thank you for the post.

    Maybe we should do a link

    I will have Ryan make you one

    when he comes home.

    Angel

     
  • At October 26, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    One step ahead of you there - although link is from sister-blog...

     
  • At October 26, 2006, Blogger Mother of Invention said…

    So he cancer people can't use your hair for a wig because of the dye, so why not sell it to a wigmaker where it doesn't matter and donate that money to cancer? Then make a poster with some of the hair on it saying, "Wondering Where the Rest Went?" and explain below so the people who watched this know.

     
  • At October 26, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    Not a bad idea, MoI! I'll have to think about this... I guess it depends whether more could be raised from official sort of wigmakers, from people buying 'scalps', or maybe auction(eugh! would you buy hair at an auction?! :-))
    ...em... definately have to think on this more.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home