Baring it All! - Going Bald for Cancer Research UK

What would you give to see me lose all my long hair?

Monday, November 13, 2006

37 Days - 3 Gold Stars!


Those three stars came to the prep room last week, and took away collection boxes. They collected £21 the first round, and just over £10 the second. Then (my absolute heroines!) they took the boxes home with them at the end of last week, and collected money all round Ticehurst!

Natalie told me today they'd 'been to every house in the village' and collected another £60. She also said that next week they were going to catch the bus into Wadhurst, and do the rounds there (so, if you see them, tell them what a wonderful thing they're doing, won't you - and give a little, if you can!)
These three girls deserve a mention all of their own:

Natalie Berry
Afton Carter
Tilly Rummery


As I said - three solid gold stars!

5 Comments:

  • At November 13, 2006, Blogger Mother of Invention said…

    I echo what the felines said! You're the cat's Meow!
    I love countdowns. You will be a famous face around your village.

     
  • At November 14, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    Thanks for coming by grr, midnight and cocoa - Little puddy cats are welcome here anytime! What lovely cats you are - taking time out from your fundraising efforts to help save less fortunate kitties!

    Mother of Invention- yep, the kids are all saying hi now, and realising who I am... (though i had one girl come to the prep-room door and speak to me about the fundraising for 5 minutes the other day... and when I went off to fetch something, I heard her say about the picture on the box, "so, who's she?" (she couldn't tell from the Courier photo either :-))

     
  • At November 14, 2006, Blogger Memories of Eric and Flynn said…

    We read about you on Finnegan and Buddy's blog too, and we are also cats and live in the UK. We think you are the "Cat's Whiskers" for what you are doing. Great work.

     
  • At November 14, 2006, Blogger Hot(M)BC said…

    We are cats too and we read about you on Finnegan and Buddy's blog, so we had to come by and say hi too. :) We think you're really furry brave to shave off your fur for research and to support your furriend. But we bet you'll look lots better bald than we would. Sanjee is putting news about your linky on the Cat Blogosphere today too, to make sure all kitties see what a cool thing you're doing even if they miss Finny and Buddy's post.
    Purrrrrrrrs,
    Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Pepi, Gree and Mom Robyn
    House of the (Mostly) Black Cats

     
  • At November 14, 2006, Blogger Annelisa said…

    Eric and Flynn - it's purr-fectly lovely to meet you! Thanks for your words of support - I appreciate it no end! I 'met' Finnegan and Buddy not so very long ago... they must be very hip cats, to have so many friends!

    And, you special felines from the House of the (Mostly) Black Cats - I've just seen there's been a donation from you on Just Giving -I could just give you a big tickle behind the ear, I'm so touched! Thank you!

    Please also thank the humans that live with you!

    I first saw many of you on Blogblast for Peace day - what a wonderful meee-ow came from your Cat Blogosphere in the name of Peace... If only cats ruled the world, I'm sure it would be a better place! :-D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home